Wednesday, November 23, 2011

J.R. Martinez: A veteran of the war in Iraq won the "Dancing With the Stars"

He came to have 40% of his body burned after going through a land mine, but JR Martinez recovered and ended up winning one of the most watched television shows in the United States.

J.R. Martinez started as the least known member of the cast of "Dancing With the Stars", but as the season progressed, the United States fell for Hispanic soldier of 28 years, turned into a soap opera star.

The show attracts 18 million viewers per week, which saw first hand the veteran of the war in Iraq with the contagious positive attitude. They heard his story: how badly burned over 40% of his body when the Humvee he was driving hit a land mine, and numerous surgeries that had to undergo over several years.

And then I saw dance as if this tragedy had happened to another. The actor and motivational speaker of 28 years radiates joy.

"You have a personality so bright, light up this room," said Len Goodman, one of the judges of space.

Weeks ago, Martinez was chosen as grand marshal of the parade 123er annual Tournament of Roses Parade. Appeared on the cover of the magazine "People", and a few weeks later he was appointed one of its "sexiest men". To cap it all, last night became the new champion of "Dancing With the Stars."

Martinez and his professional partner Karina Smirnoff took the mirror ball trophy after beating the other finalists, Rob Kardashian and Ricki Lake.

"We can create many magical moments in the program, and top it with this is amazing," Martinez said as he held the shiny trophy.

"And my friend deserves it," he continued, looking at Smirnoff. "It's an amazing dancer and should be in that elite category when it comes to this program and sustain it his own trophy. I'm thrilled that I could be part of that trip," he added.

The dance partners (and neighbors, they live nearby) and know where to put the fields of mirrors.

Smirnoff want to put your own language in their study of dance in "a space with a reflector, and I will shine every morning," he said.

Martinez kept his closer. "Right now, I'll put mine on my bed. I'll get in, and going to turn me," he said, smiling. "And after that, when we have separated a bit, I'll stick to the hood of my car, driving around Los Angeles and blowing my horn, and be my own parade," he said.





No comments:

Post a Comment